Oliver Stone, once again, released a “documentary” containing multiple discredited “lies” during an interview with Russian President Putin.
Some of the disproven theories promoted by Stone:
- Georgian snipers murdered Ukrainians during Maidan
- Former Ukraine President Yanukovych exonerated from any blame
- America supported the coup
- Russia did not interfere with the US 2016 election
- Former Ukraine President Poroshenko provoked the Kerch Strait Naval incident
- Former US President Obama did not keep his word
Oliver Stone is but one more arrow in Putin’s quiver of information warfare tools, he is pushing pure Russian propaganda in his latest “mockumentary”. It would be interesting to see someone in the US government or a reputable industry leader label “Revealing Ukraine” as what it really is: Russian propaganda. Furthermore, using Cold War rhetoric, Oliver Stone should be labeled a “Useful Idiot”.
Vladimir Putin Speaks with Oliver Stone: New Interview — Old False Claims
“I didn’t interfere (in the 2016 U.S election) then, and I don’t want to interfere now, and I don’t intend to do it in the future.”