Russian special services have received an additional 350 MILLION DOLLARS for interference in
#Ukraine‘s 2019 elections
According to Egor Bozhok, the Head of the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine, part of Russia’s plans include three options.
- The first is a revenge of the pro-Russian forces following the results of the presidential or parliamentary elections.
- In the event of the failure of the pro-Russian or Russian-backed forces in the presidential election, a second scenario will be used, namely internal destabilization or so-called. “Controlled chaos” to force Ukraine to accept the conditions put forward by the Kremlin.
- The third scenario is a military operation. In the case of the impossibility of using the first two scenarios, the Kremlin does not rule out an open military aggression against Ukraine.
Ukraine’s 2019 elections are being held on Sunday, 31 March 2019. If true, the next two months are going to very, very busy.
Expect an accompanying information offensive. I expect to see a huge spike from Russian trolls.
I also suggest Ukrainians research their candidates now, decide early.
Egor Bozhok, Head of the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine
Russia and its satellites – the greatest threat to the global distribution community
In the forest 10 kilometers from Kiev on the Zhytomyr highway there is the suburban headquarters of the Foreign Intelligence Service. Among the tasks of the special service is the extraction of information abroad, its analytical processing and provision to the first persons of the state to make the right decisions. In September 2017, the staff diplomat Yegor Bozhek became the head of the SZR. Prior to this, he headed the mission of Ukraine to NATO in Brussels for two years. In a conversation he does not hide: he has taken a course towards maximum integration into the western special services, in order to confront together a common threat – Russia. To this end, a new bill “On Foreign Intelligence” has already been developed. In an interview with Ukrinform, Egor Bozhkov spoke about cooperation with the MI6 and the CIA, about Russia’s plans to settle the “Ukrainian question” and the role of its predecessor, Gregory Ilyashev, in the collapse of the special services.
RUSSIAN SPECIAL SERVICES HAVE ADDED 350 MILLION DOLLARS FOR ELECTION IN UKRAINE ELECTIONS
– Yegor Valerievich, the presidential campaign started in Ukraine. What should be expected from Russia, which in recent years intervened in the election of at least five NATO member states?
– Before all Russian special services there is a specific task “to close the Ukrainian question” in 2019. “Close” means to turn Ukraine into an orbit of influence of the Russian Federation. And to make it so reliable that “no colorful revolutions” in Ukraine have never happened. To do this, the Kremlin is based on three scenarios for the development of events in Ukraine.
The first is a revenge of the pro-Russian forces following the results of the presidential or parliamentary elections.
In the event of the failure of the pro-Russian or Russian-backed forces in the presidential election, a second scenario will be used, namely internal destabilization or so-called. “Controlled chaos” to force Ukraine to accept the conditions put forward by the Kremlin.
The third scenario is a military operation. In the case of the impossibility of using the first two scenarios, the Kremlin does not rule out an open military aggression against Ukraine.
The main task of the Foreign Intelligence Service is to prevent any interference of Russia in the domestic political processes of Ukraine
Probability of implementation of 2 or 3 scenarios is very high. What Putin’s plans does not know anyone except Putin himself. The main task of the Foreign Intelligence Service this year is to prevent any interference of the Russian Federation in the domestic political processes of Ukraine.
– What methods will “make” in Ukraine?
– This is the whole tool of specific influence on the enemy, which is in the arsenal of special services: from cyber attacks to sabotage, bribes, provocations, influence on public opinion, misinformation, propaganda, the use of agents, the fifth column, “useful idiots” …
The task facing all the special services of the Russian Federation is “anyone, but not Poroshenko”
The special services of the Russian Federation sent huge budgets, which are used to a large extent to carry out subversive activities in Ukraine. We have received information that the Kremlin has ordered this year to allocate additional $ 350 million to its special services for interference in the elections in Ukraine.
– According to your data, what will this money go for?
The Kremlin expects that any reloading of power in Ukraine will entail some paralysis of the state mechanism until a new power vertical is built up
– At all – the payment of fair news and bribery, the organization of provocations, protests, internal political pressure on the leadership of the state, to prepare cyberattacks … The task facing all the special services of the Russian Federation is “anyone, but not Poroshenko.” According to the Russian politician, Poroshenko is the only one with whom it is impossible to agree on the return of Ukraine to the orbit of Russia’s influence. He is really trying to bring Ukraine into the cohort of NATO and the EU and has the Kremlin label “Russophobia”. The progress achieved over the last 4 years is evident. This is recognized not only in Ukraine and in the West, but even in Russia.
And note that this is done in a military confrontation with the Russian aggressor. Therefore, in the Kremlin, it is estimated that any reloading of power in Ukraine will entail a certain paralysis of the state mechanism until a new government vertical is built up. This pause will affect all spheres of life, including the military organization, which will give Russia a window of opportunity in a few months in order to occupy Ukraine painlessly in the way it tried to do it in 2014. To do this, nearly 50,000 Russian troops are already near our borders with all their weapons and equipment. The degree of readiness varies from 24 to 72 hours.
– Why did the Russians decide to seize Ukrainian sailors in the Azov Sea?
The video taken off the attacking Russian ship had to fix a defensive shot of the Ukrainian ship. It should have become a “legitimization” for a full-fledged military response
“The scenario of Georgia in 2008, when the Russian army forced the Georgian armed forces to use self-defense weapons in the Kerch Strait, was to be repeated, and this was the reason for a full-scale intervention on the country’s territory. You remember what cost Georgia and the international community did not allow the Russian army to enter Tbilissy.
There is no need to be a mega-scout or super-analyst to understand: provocation in the Azov Sea was being prepared. On the Internet there was a video taken from a Russian ship, which was lying on a Ukrainian boat. It had to fix a defensive shot of the Ukrainian ship. It should have become legitimate: we shot, that means they attacked the Russian warship – and they have all the grounds for a full-fledged military response.
Our sailors acted steadfastly and were not allowed to commit a provocation against themselves that could have serious consequences. Because of this, the president introduced a military state to prepare for a possible new round of aggression on the part of the Russian Federation.
– At one time, at a high political level, calls for NATO were accompanied by the passage of Ukrainian warships through the Kerch Strait. In your opinion, is NATO now ready for such a direct confrontation with Russia through the interests of Ukraine?
NATO, Ukraine and the whole civilized world do not want to be subjected to Russian provocations designed to resolve the war
– The question is that NATO, Ukraine and the whole civilized world do not want to be subjected to Russian provocations, designed to resolve the war. Nobody is going to respond symmetrically. The main thing is for the world community to know what’s really going on.
All Russian tactics are based on deception. If we ensure that the international community is properly aware of what is happening in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov, the Kerch Strait, this will be enough to contain aggression.
Russia is opposed to the fact that foreign forces are located near the Crimea. Any warship has the ability to conduct intelligence. But apart from the ships, there is satellite intelligence, aviation, unmanned aerial vehicles, NATO is equipped with a Global Hawk reconnaissance aircraft, and there is a special intelligence service. This allows us and our NATO partners to conduct monitoring of all processes in the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov round-the-clock in the water areas of the Black and Azov Seas.
Over the past four years, international sanctions, which Putin calls “ridiculous”, has deprived the Russian budget of $ 173 billion
Currently, military operations abroad are the only way for the Russian authorities to maintain credibility within the country. After the annexation of the Crimea to the Russian public comes sonority. Ordinary citizens understand that the Crimea is an expensive pleasure previously held by Ukrainian taxpayers. Crimea is not profitable.
Also, over the past four years, international sanctions, which Putin calls “ridiculous”, deprived the Russian budget of $ 173 billion. I do not know how much “ridiculous” this amount is for Putin, but I am convinced that for ordinary Russians, this is a crazy money.
– Who has determined such amount of losses?
– These are the internal calculations of the Russian government by the end of 2018, which they do not advertise.
DISTRIBUTOR-INITIATE TO RECEIVE 30 THOUSAND HYIVEN
– Prior to being appointed head of the SZR for two years, you headed the mission of Ukraine to NATO. At the Alliance’s Warsaw Summit in 2016, Ukraine undertook to reform the power authorities. Does SZR take steps in this direction?
– This is the task with which I have been appointed by the president here. I have been implementing the concept of reforming the Foreign Intelligence Service in accordance with NATO standards for a year already, approved by Peter A. Alekseevich.
Reforms are needed to establish trust and to engage in proper engagement with the united NATO community. Without integration into the NATO intelligence cohort, real integration of Ukraine into the Alliance is impossible.
– And what does the concept of reform mean?
– Final desovitization or, if you want, decegebetizing Ukrainian intelligence. We must find our story, understand what it means to be Ukrainian intelligence. During the Soviet period, Ukraine’s foreign intelligence was an appendage of the foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation – the KGB of the USSR. We were deprived of the opportunity to analyze, predict, plan and make independent decisions. Only got information and transmitted to Moscow. Get directions there and so everything worked for a long time.
To date, Ukraine’s foreign intelligence has turned to the other side. We had one big threat in the East – Putin’s Russia, and this is our common threat to the whole civilized world. The President set the task for us – to start thinking and give our law-determined consumers – the president, the government and the parliament – not just information, but a quality analyst with forecasting and modeling – this is that until recently in the Ukrainian intelligence community was absent in principle.
On behalf of the President, together with our Western partners, we have prepared a draft of the new Law “On Foreign Intelligence of Ukraine”, which, in particular, is intended to prevent the use of the intelligence community of Ukraine – border intelligence, military intelligence and foreign intelligence for non-democratic purposes.
– Russia allocates hundreds of millions of dollars to its special services. How much are our intelligence motivated to work?
– In the new bill, we implement the principle of remuneration for scouts, which operates for NABU. Detective salary is based on the minimum wage in the state, multiplied by a normatively fixed rate. If the Verkhovna Rada adopts this law, the recruiter will receive about 30 thousand hryvnias. This is in addition to medical care, housing, protection of his and his family.
I also want to emphasize that the distributioncommunity in the new law proposed to strengthen the opportunity to work in intelligence for all – military, diplomats, prosecutors, civil servants. Personally, I see external intelligence more civil. The classic Soviet concept envisaged that the scout should be in shoots. Such is Colonel Maxim Maksimovich Isaev. Antipode of Soviet intelligence – CIA. There are all civilians. In Mi6 of Britain – all civilians, in Germany – civilians. I’m not saying that being in the uniform is bad, but we have to give people the opportunity to choose and this is foreseen in the draft law. I still think we should stop being overly closed. And your current presence here speaks of what we are doing in this particular success.
– Now they say that there is no proper supervision over the special services. What kind of control involves a new draft law “On Foreign Intelligence”?
– Ukrainian distribution community advocates the introduction of civil democratic oversight of intelligence activities in Ukraine. The draft law states that such supervision is carried out by the profile committee of the Verkhovna Rada. And then the parliament itself should determine which committee they will authorize to oversee the intelligence.
– There is such a proposal. The bill number 9462 , which provides for the establishment of a Committee for ensuring parliamentary control over special services and law-enforcement bodies, is registered in the parliament …
Ukrainian intelligence is interested in having a profile committee. When the parliament will understand what intelligence is doing, it will be much easier for them to reconcile our budgets
– If I am not mistaken, the initiator of this bill is Mr. Levus. Between the deputies there are discussions in which form to control the activity of the intelligence sector in Ukraine. We take part in them together with representatives of NATO, the United States, the Geneva Center for Policy and Security. We agree on any form of parliamentary control that will be elected by the parliament. Ukrainian intelligence is interested in having a profile committee. When the parliament understands what intelligence is doing, it will be much easier for them to reconcile our budgets. To date, not all deputies understand why spend money on intelligence.
– Is it known when a new bill “On Foreign Intelligence” will be submitted to the Verkhovna Rada for consideration?
– We hope that the Ukrainian legislator will be able to adopt this Law in the current cadence of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. We have done our work and now we are waiting for further steps.
GRIGORI ILLASHOV ELEGANTLY USED THE EXTERNAL DEVELOPMENT SERVICE
– To the Revolution of Dignity for almost four years, the head of the SZR was Hryhoriy Ilyaschov. He is known yet as the husband of former Justice Minister Olena Lukash. If relations with the heads of the SBU and Yanukovych’s Defense Ministry are initiated criminal cases, then about Ilyashev, nothing is heard … How did his activity affect the Foreign Intelligence Service?
In one of his recent interviews, Turchinov (NSDC secretary- editor ) said that when we encountered a direct armed aggression of the Russian Federation, we realized that all reforms in the Armed Forces and the Ministry of Defense, which were carried out by that time, were directed on the destruction of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. I can tell you that SZR is not an exception.
– What did Illyanyov do for the destruction of SZR?
Last year I canceled 1,531 unnecessary legal acts in the Foreign Intelligence Service
– It was not enough to do anything. You understand, every specialist needs to feel right. If you feel you do not need 5-10 years, you lose faith in what you are doing. Demoralization. That was enough. The layout of the frames, the elegant destruction of all those structural elements that are needed in order for the body to work properly. The policy of erroneous goals, the creation of a multitude of regulations, working groups, setting up a set of tasks, the implementation of which, on the one hand, takes all the forces and time, and, on the other hand, they simply do not need. This is a classic sabotage. If you want to destroy any institution, there is an absolutely clear set of rules. It can be found on the Internet. All these things have been made by the Foreign Intelligence Service for one hundred percent.
I’ll tell you more. Last year I canceled 1531 unnecessary regulations in the Foreign Intelligence Service.
I am convinced that Mr Ilyanahov is a high professional, but not a Ukrainian intelligence officer
– What created Illyashov?
– Not only he, but these legal acts existed. I canceled more than a dozen unnecessary duties and tasks that every day I had to carry out a scout is unknown for what. I canceled many working groups, canceled a number of tasks, plans of measures that we continued to perform, but which in fact did not bring benefits to the state. This is called a policy of false goals. We got such intelligence. On the other hand, you ask why Ilyashev is not accused of anything? And what’s his blame? He did not do anything illegal. This is the classical technology of any intelligence service, working in such a way that it would not be possible to seize it, but to fulfill its task. I am convinced that Mr Ilyanahov is a high professional, but not a Ukrainian intelligence officer.
– That is, he was in the service of the Russian Federation?
– I will not say anything more. I can not argue, because in order to assert, I have to have proof, and I have only a feeling.
– Has he not been serving as head of the Foreign Intelligence Service?
– No But it was made very elegant, very professional. And this is the answer to the question why Mr Ilyashaw was not brought to justice. We are a legal state. And we are not guided by estimates, feelings or assumptions. We are guided by the facts. Therefore, I say that Mr Ilyahenov is a high professional in his business, but, in my opinion, he is not a professional of Ukrainian intelligence.
– I correctly understood that Ukrainian law-enforcement officers have no claims to Ilyashev and he can easily come to Ukraine?
– I’m not a law enforcement agency. I have no time to be interested in the fate of Ilyashev. To do this, there is the counterintelligence of the SBU, the police. I know what other previous SZR executives do. They have not lost contact with the intelligence. They can be treated differently, but they are concerned with the SZR fate. I communicate with all the previous leaders, except Ilyashev.
– The SZR has a department of internal security. Does he have any “catch”?
The specifics of the work of the SZR internal security unit are that the results of its work usually become known to the public from the Department of Counterintelligence of the Security Service. Two or three months ago, on the website of the Prosecutor General’s Office, there was a notification about sending an agent who was exposed in the SZR to the court.
– In whose favor he worked?
– To Russia. The problem is that professional moles are very difficult to detect. It is even harder to bring to justice in a legal state. Therefore, in the new draft law “On Foreign Intelligence of Ukraine” we applied the basis for dismissal from the service, which was borrowed from the CIA. This is a loss of confidence. To date, even if I suspect a SZR employee is that he does not work in Ukraine, I can not release him.
– But the loss of confidence is a rather subjective reason for dismissal …
– Subjective. But there is a fuse for this. The decision on loss of confidence will be taken collectively. This will allow cleaning without the need for a clear evidence base. It is very difficult to bring a real intelligence officer to court. For this purpose, people are specially trained. This is a classic of the genre.
– Let’s talk about your first deputy Sergei Semochka. In the autumn of last year, a scandal arose after the publication of a journalistic investigation stating that the family of Semochka owns valuable real estate, and his civil wife and daughter have Russian passports. As you know, the SBU should carry out a check of candidates before appointment to such positions. Has the test been conducted and what were its results?
– You are talking about a procedure that applies to people who first get to work in the intelligence service. Serhiy Alekseevich is not a beginner in the system of special services of Ukraine. This was not the first appointment, but the transfer from one position to the special service for another post in the intelligence service. Other people who are staff members of the intelligence services are applying other principles. Checking for them is carried out constantly.
– At the Verkhovna Rada Committee, you said that SZR conducts an internal investigation concerning Shemochka. Are there results already?
– What is the situation? There are currently two criminal proceedings instituted. One was discovered by the Counter-intelligence Service of the Security Service on the fact of the media’s appearance of the presence of relatives of Sergei Alekseevich Russian citizenship. The second criminal proceeding violated NABA in the light of information about illegal enrichment. Procedural actions are being used now, so my role and the role of internal security of the SZR in this case are quite limited. The investigation is conducted by two bodies. I can only send them some information. This is done to prevent conflicts of interest. I do not even know at which stage one or another investigation. I only know that active procedural measures are being taken – the removal of documents, the court authorization for access to mobile phones has been received …
– In this decision of the court it was said that the employees of the SBU’s counterintelligence confirmed the Russian citizenship of his wife and daughter Semokha …
– I can not comment on this, to exclude even the possibility of suspecting me that I am trying to influence something. I am waiting for the decision of the competent law enforcement agencies. I want to emphasize that we have a presumption of innocence in our country to deprive someone of something or release someone, I can only under the disciplinary charter of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. This charter states that I can dismiss my fellow member in two cases: if he has been notified of suspicion or if an anti-corruption report has been drawn up against him. In other cases, the legislator has limited me as much as possible in rights. That is why we have included in the new bill “On Foreign Intelligence” a clause on the loss of trust, on the basis of which one can be released.
MANAGER OF THE “UNIFORM DEPARTMENT AND SECURITY DEPARTMENT” NATO ARMUND FON LORINGHOVEN MY GREAT FRIEND
– The SZR website says that you are co-operating with intelligence from other countries. What kind of cooperation is it about? Does the SZR carry out foreign intelligence tasks?
– We are working with the intelligence of NATO member countries. Over the past year, the Foreign Intelligence Service has developed a partnership with the CIA of the United States, the MI6 of Great Britain, the BND of Germany, and also the intelligence of France.
– Until 2014 there was no such cooperation?
– According to the law, in order to coordinate with any foreign intelligence, we must obtain the permission of the president. Today I have the permission for in-depth interaction with the CIA, MI6, the NATO intelligence committee, and I can praise the results. Next, make the conclusions yourself.
– NATO recently conducted intelligence reform and eventually created a new unit called “Joint Security and Intelligence Unit”. Does SZR co-operate with this unit?
– The head of this department is Arndt von Lohrinhoven, my great friend. By the way, he will soon come to visit us on a second visit. We cooperate. I want to say that not only SZR, but our sister service – GUR Ministry of Defense also actively cooperates with this committee. Of course, we have a much greater potential for engagement than the level at which we are now. But first we have to gain trust. Over the past year, we have advanced significantly in this direction. When we have full cooperation with this department and when we have access to the internal networks of NATO intelligence sharing systems, this means that the trust of the Alliance’s distribution of the Ukrainian intelligence community is at the level that we can take a new step in integrating into NATO – getting the MAP.
– What are the threats facing the global distribution community?
– Russia and its satellites. Those who depend or entirely under the influence of the Russian Federation. With whom I do not communicate today with Western partners, everyone in one voice says that the main threat to security is Russia. I do not say that this is the only threat, but it is the main thing.
– At the end of last year, SZR started the procedure for the withdrawal of the Agreement on cooperation between security and intelligence services of the CIS member states. Why only now, on the fourth year of the war with Russia?
– I find it difficult to answer this question. I can only speak for myself. I consider it unacceptable to have an agreement on cooperation with a country that has been waging war against us and has allegedly violated this agreement for several million times. Therefore, I initiated this issue; the president supported me, and I know that the government has already supported this. That is, there is the government’s decision that we are leaving this agreement. Next is the diplomatic procedure, there will still be some process, but all the legal grounds for saying that this deal is not valid for us, I already have.
– Has SZR exchanged intelligence and intelligence information with the intelligence services of the CIS member states after 2014?
The key issue of information exchange between us and our NATO partners is Russia. They give us information and we have them
– With some CIS member states this way. With Russia – no. Instead, I can tell you that for today in Ukraine almost 100% of information exchange takes place with the special services of the NATO member states. This means that gradually, NATO member countries build trust in us, because sharing knowledge gained through specific methods is risky. And not everybody is willing to do this because, after receiving the information, you can understand where you got it, and it could endanger the strength and the resources that are being dispersed abroad.
The key issue of information exchange between us and our NATO partners is Russia. They give us information and we have them.
– In autumn, together with the secretary of the National Security and Defense Council, Turchinov laid the capsule into the foundation of the new headquarters building of the Ukrainian Foreign Intelligence Agency. In addition to space exploration technology, which will be equipped with an upgraded SZR headquarters by up-to-date innovations? Turchinov said that “serious steps have been taken in the cybernetic and other components of intelligence activities” SZR. Discover details. What did he mean?
– I will explain to you the logic of this process. Why do we have headquarters? It is needed, first of all, in order to optimize the costs of taxpayers and not spend on unnecessary objects. It will also enhance the security of our structure. In all leading intelligence in the world, the main infrastructure is located in a suburban headquarters, which houses secure communication channels. And when, as before, the Foreign Intelligence Service has been scattered all over Kyiv, this is another element of the sabotage of the service. I expect that all SZR objects will then be located in one place, but this process is not one day. The construction of a new infrastructure for Ukrainian intelligence is carried out not only with the help of the Ukrainian taxpayer. We also get help from partners. Leading NATO member states finance the development of Ukrainian intelligence. For me it’s more than a clear signal that they have confidence in the current political leadership of the state and have confidence in today’s Foreign Intelligence Service. Otherwise, any person with common sense will not finance such things. This is an indicator for me.
GIRLS MAKE MORE EFFECTIVE IN THE CALCULATION BETWEEN BLOOD
– Recently your first deputy Andriy Alekseyenko met at the airport “Borispol” a freed Ukrainian sailor Andriy Novichkov, who was threatened with death row in Iran. In the end, he succeeded in exchanging for an Iranian spy, whom the president had pardoned before. Expand the details: who was this Iranian spy and in what circumstances was he detained in Ukraine?
– The detention of this Iranian spy is the result of a brilliant SBU counterintelligence operation. The Foreign Intelligence Service negotiated his release with the Foreign Intelligence Service of Iran, so that they, let’s say, plunge into their law enforcement agencies, because Andrew was closed completely unreasonably. And there are now comments on the Internet that Andrew specifically closed to change on Ali Jedua, no. Andrew was closed because, according to the laws of sharia, if you are standing by the place where the Muslim was killed and you are wrong, you are a priori guilty. This is a completely different philosophy.
– I got the impression that Andriy Novychkov is your fellow …
– I would like to have such an employee. He is really iron, an interesting person, but not our employee, unfortunately. But we will think (laughs – ed .) ….
– The service has its own department for training employees. It is the Institute of Foreign Intelligence Service, which trains specialists in the fields of “agent intelligence” and “technical intelligence”. Anyone who wishes or needs recommendations can join the institute?
– Someone is looking for someone and offers training there?
– And often agree?
– It happens differently. There is a whole algorithm for selecting potential candidates for recruitment. People look at psychologists. First of all, there must be psychological stability. Second, the ability of a person to establish trusting relationships is assessed, which is very important. The ability to speak languages is then checked. This check is hidden. Man does not know that it is being checked. An operative psychologist, looking at the behavior of a person, can understand its features of character. And after a person has passed this preliminary assessment, we run a test on psychological endurance.
– What is the typical profile of a candidate?
– You can organize everything in different ways. I want to tell you that, according to my estimations, women and girls in intelligence are much more effective than men.
– And how do you explain it?
– I’m not ready to say so yet. I’m just studying. But I state the fact. My girls are more productive than boys. I’m serious about you.
– What is your relationship with girls and boys there? Perhaps intelligence needs to take more girls?
– I will not say about the relationship. But we have a patriarchate since the Soviet era. And to work in the intelligence fall, agreeing to the appropriate proposal. This is a classic Soviet system. We are now trying to translate the Western approach further. In the near future, an approach will come in place when it will be possible to offer your candidacy by filling out the appropriate form on the site.
– And if this form will be seen by “rats”?
Any diaspora is a clondike for intelligence. Israeli intelligence services are most actively using this technology
– There is cyber security for this. If the “rats” see this, then they will see everything else. I went to MI6 to watch how it works with them. There you can fill out a questionnaire on the site and offer your candidacy. But you do not know, read your application or not. After a while, after a preliminary check, you can come up with an offer to work for exploration. In the Soviet system there was a preliminary screening, when people walked and looked.
In the western system, this is also done, plus there is an opportunity to fill out a questionnaire.
– Is there a scout dynasty in Ukrainian intelligence?
– There is a dynasty. But I’ll tell you that it does not work in intelligence. If your father or mother is a scout, this is not a guarantee that you too are capable of being a scout. Everything is absolutely individual. And vice versa: people who, in general, have never been associated with this in any way in their lives, they can have a child a genius of intelligence. It’s all natural abilities.
– Do the initiative to work for Ukrainian intelligence representatives of the Ukrainian Diaspora abroad?
– Any diaspora is a clondike for intelligence. Israeli intelligence services are most actively using this technology. By the way, with our colleagues from the Mossad, we also interact with them, it is very easy to work.
Therefore, the Diaspora is one of the tool books of the intelligence work.
– One of the strongest intelligence in the world is the British MI6, the American CIA, the Israeli Mossad and the FSB of Russia. What kind of intelligence in the world, in your opinion, should be equal to SZR?
– I do not want to completely copy any model, because intelligence is something intimate. When you copy the model, you immediately become vulnerable to those from whom you copied it. That is why we have to take better. The British are very strong agents, Americans are strong analysts.
Naryshkin and his company are very strong guys. Although they are my enemies, but I have to admit it
– And Russians?
– They do not need to be underestimated, they are really strong. This is a Soviet school. Their weakness is that they are Soviet, their strength is that they are really pro. Special services of the Russian Federation are like the Ukrainian “Mriya” aircraft, which was made in 29 factories throughout the Soviet Union. Similarly, the intelligence services – the KGB of the USSR – did not spare money there, they are strong in everything – both in technical intelligence, in intelligence, in languages, in psychology, and in analysis. Their problem is that they stayed there, they do not go forward and they are very busy. In this their problem is their weakness. And so, Naryshkin and his company are very strong guys. Although they are my enemies, but I have to admit it.
– Historically, the Ukrainian intelligence borrowed a lot from the point of view of methods of work in the Soviet KGB, since the people of this very structure were built by our special services after Ukraine gained independence. Now, in the context of the war with Russia, is it somehow helping SZR work?
– This is our treasure. This not only helps in the work, it is our key to Euro-Atlantic integration. This is why we need NATO. The best of us “Russians” nobody knows.
– It is known that in the RF FSB and GURs compete with each other and it is believed that this increases the efficiency of their work. In Ukraine, intelligence activities are also dealt with by the SZR and the Defense Ministry. Do you cooperate with each other or compete?
– For a long time, there really was a serious competition between SZR, GUR, SBU. This is a technology – divide and rule, which was actively used in the Soviet Union. Why was it done? They were always afraid of each other and realized that you can not put eggs in one basket.
Our work last year made it possible to conclude a number of contracts, the figures are measured in several hundred million dollars
We shared the task. The Main Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense – is fighting and coordinating the military sphere, I am aiming for a long-term prosecution, as the fishermen say, and the SBU – is struggling here. And when I get something about the war with Russia, I do not run to report, but I give it to the GUR because they have the potential and they can evaluate and impose specific intelligence on the overall military picture. If the GUR “catches” with something related to politics, the economy, then it is transmitted to me. If I get information about what is planned in Ukraine, then I immediately give it to Vasily Sergeyevich Hrytsak.
– One of the tasks of SZR is assistance in the conclusion of economic contracts. Are there any successes?
– Economic intelligence is one of the priority tasks of any foreign intelligence. SZR is no exception. We work in this area and have a certain result. Our work last year allowed us to conclude a series of contracts, the figures being measured at several hundred million dollars.
– Among the tasks of SZR – extraction, analytical processing and provision of intelligence information to the president, speaker and prime minister. Do senior officials always make adequate and correct decisions based on intelligence?
– I can say that the president not only takes into account intelligence information, but we are interacting with him daily. The President participates in the analysis of information. We can assume that we know something about one hundred percent and pass it on to the president, and he calls and says: “Deza”. And then it turns out that he is right.
– Is he conducting the analysis?
– You see, our president has a very active nature. He himself is an active worker abroad. He directly communicates with a large majority of world leaders, therefore, of course, knows the finer things at the highest level. And the fact that we can seem 100%, he heard personally from his colleague – the head of another state, for example, other information, can say no.
That is, at present, not only intelligence helps President Poroshenko, but also President Poroshenko helps intelligence, because he himself analyzes information and sometimes gives valuable advice to Ukrainian intelligence about what “sources” they use (laughs – ed .).
– After the annexation of Crimea, SZR workers left the peninsula or moved to Russia? What is the percentage of returning and those who stayed there?
– Somewhere 50 to 50.
– At the disposal of SZR there are powerful means for reading information, interception, radio intelligence and listening. Are there any suggestions to use this potential to please one politician against others in the middle of the country?
– The President, by direct text, forbade me from joining politics in any way. My main task in the context of this year’s elections is to combat the interference of the Russian Federation in the domestic political processes of Ukraine. And I do it. The technical means of SZR in the territory of Ukraine do not work, we are prohibited by law. And I can tell you frankly frankly, even such proposals have not been received.
– What is your attitude to the fact that former security forces Valentyn Nalyvaichenko, Igor Smeshko and Anatoliy Hrytsenko are voting for the presidency?
– And what is this? Siloviki are also people. Why not try? If Igor Petrovich has a financial resource and fervor … Just Valentin Alexandrovich. We worked together at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I was a young diplomat, and he was a Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.
– Do you have any plans in the future to apply to politics?
– In politics? Never! I’m not created for this. In order to go into politics, one must love her, and I do not really love politics seriously. As they say, do not surrender, but I’m not created for that.
– The SZR website states that after the war with Russia, the service is aimed at countering the spread of separatist tendencies in certain regions of Ukraine. In the light of recent events, according to intelligence, is there a threat of losing part of our territories to the West?
Hungarians do not stop at anything and try to completely control the ethnic Hungarians around the world. Want to have a Hungarian enclave on the territory of Ukraine, Romania – everywhere. Of course, we will never go to that
– There is no threat, but Hungarian irredentistom is a real problem, and not only Ukraine but also a number of EU member states. We have a lot of ethnic Romanians, Bulgarians, Greeks, but you can negotiate with everyone, and Hungarian irredentistom is a problem. Hungarians do not stop at anything and try to completely control the ethnic Hungarians around the world. Hungarians want to have a Hungarian enclave on the territory of Ukraine, Romania – everywhere. Of course, we will never go to that.
The problem with Hungarians is serious, but there is no threat of loss of our territory.
– What is your assessment of the rise of right radical sentiment in Europe?
– I am convinced that this is the result of the deliberate work of the special services of the Russian Federation. Right radicals are an instrument of Russia’s special services to stimulate centrifugal processes in the EU, the destruction of the EU as such. Marie Le Pen … They do not even deny it. What did they take right radicals? Groshima, whom the Kremlin does not regret. By the way, we also have a problem with this.
– That is, our right radicals can fund Russia?
– We are trying to prevent this, but they are very vulnerable. Detection of agents of influence of the Kremlin falls within the competence of the SBU’s counterintelligence.
– They say that the People’s Deputy Shufrych somehow connected with Hungary …
– We all know this, but we can not put people to play just because we think that it is bad or not pro-Ukrainian, as Putin does. The strength of the democratic community lies in the fact that it is always governed by law and rules. But this is simultaneously a weakness, from the point of view of Russia, which does not adhere to the rules.
– Due to the proliferation of cases of use of special weapons of chemical weapons, are Ukrainian scouts engaged in the search for places where it is being manufactured?
– A good question. We provide maximum support to our MI-6 partners, the CIA and other intelligence services of Western countries in order to help identify and neutralize such things around the world.
I will tell you this: the detection and neutralization of the agents of Russian special services in Ukraine and in the territory of NATO is one of my priorities, and I work on it every day, helping my partners understand what Russia is doing on their territory.
– Does the SZR have information on the import of chemical or nuclear weapons in Crimea?
– Comprehensive information on this subject is in the Defense Ministry of Defense. This is their competence.
– Okay. Then, are our intelligence officers following our former officials who fled after the Revolution of Goodwill?
At 99%, the Russian Orthodox Church is controlled by the special services of the Russian Federation
– And why follow them? Everyone knows where they live. Everyone understands that Yanukovych is a traitor. From the fact that we will follow him, nothing will change.
– How Russian special services influence the Russian Orthodox Church?
– Do you remember Solovyov? “Holy Father, can you handle this? Sure!”. All. At 99%, the Russian Orthodox Church is controlled by the special services of the Russian Federation. Those who work in Russia are the FSB, those who work at the representative offices of the Russian Orthodox Church abroad, as well as in the “Russian Orthodox Palestine Society” are the Foreign Intelligence Service of the Russian Federation. This is called “captain’s obvious.” The only thing that our Western partners can not believe in it. They believe this is not a rule.
– On January 24, SZR will celebrate its 100th anniversary, since the first intelligence unit was created in the Ukrainian People’s Republic. Actually, who found this date and why did you decide to celebrate this very day?
In 2014, Putin did not come up with anything new, he used all that the Bolsheviks did in the 17-19 years of the last century. All alone in one
– I found the author of the book “100 Years of Struggle, Confrontation and Execution” by Alexander Skrypnyk. And I found it in our archives, which I gradually discover. Having found this date, we realized that in 2014, Putin did not come up with anything new, he used all that the Bolsheviks did in the 17-19 years of the last century. All alone in one.
When the attempt to promote the vast majority of Bolsheviks in the Ukrainian People’s Assembly failed at the end of the 18th in Kharkiv, as you recall, the Soviet republic was proclaimed. And then “the helper” came the Red Army. In 2014, it was all the same – the DPR and LNR in the east of the country. By conducting this research, I became convinced that one who does not remember his past has no future. If we, in 2013, knew what the Bolshevik special services were doing against us in 1917, we would have been better prepared for all scenarios that developed in 2014 in Kharkiv, Dnipro, Lugansk and Donetsk. One hundred years ago, they even tried to capture the same cities – Yuzivka, Kharkiv, Ekaterinoslav, Odessa, Kerch, Sevastopol … The skripper wrote everything very well. I was shocked when reading. When comparing parallels, then all is one in one. Then, a hundred years ago, Ukraine’s foreign intelligence was created, but today it is reviving, but the conditions are absolutely identical. Then the UNR did not stand, but I assure you that this time the Ukrainian state stands.
Alla Shershen . Kiev
Photo: Vladimir Tarasov, Ukrinform