In a separate discussion, today, on Facebook, I asked if Russia could ever accept blame for anything it has once denied.
Paul Roderick Gregory says “no”, it would shatter the alt-reality it has so carefully crafted. Why Putin Will Never Accept Blame Even Though Russia’s Downing of MH17 Was By Mistake.
The US has accepted blame for when the USS Vincennes shot down an Iranian civilian airliner.
- Iran Air Flight 655 (IR655) – 3 July 1988
Incidents to which the Soviets/Russians admitted.
- Korean Air Lines Flight 007 (KAL007) – 1 September 1983
- Korean Air Lines Flight 902 (KAL902, KE902) – 20 April 1978
- El Al Flight 402 – 27 July 1955 (Bulgaria)
Russia, however, appears to revel in the idea of being blamed for tragic events. Here RT makes fun of the outrage against Russia.
“Missed a train? Lost a vote? Blame us!” reads one of the many posters recently posted on London’s underground transport system for RT. Blame Russia. But not too much
The chances are Russia will never accept the blame for:
- Russia invading Crimea and trying to illegally annex it.
- Russia invaded Ukraine in the East and is still fighting a low-level hybrid war against Ukraine – for which the United States is supplying Ukraine lethal aid to protect against invading Russian forces.
- Russia interfered with the US 2016 presidential election and we are only now uncovering the breadth and depth of Russian efforts to undermine our democracy, sow chaos and confusion, and influence the outcome.
- Russia interfered with the US 2016 elections.
- Russia was caught red-handed cheating on drug testing in the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Russia attempted to assassinate a former Russia spy, Sergei Skripal, who fled to the UK, and Russia also tried to also assassinate his daughter?
- Russia killed one innocent woman in Amesbury and attempted to murder a second person.
- The same Russia that has caused not only the US but the EU to spend countless billions of dollars more on defense against a possible Russian invasion after countless Russian provocations and purposeful positioning of equipment meant to look offensive in nature.
- Russia whose trolls in St. Petersburg churned out figuratively tons of disinformation, misinformation, propaganda, and fake news so that we have lost all faith in journalists, undermined defense associations and faith in democracy.
- Russia shot down MH17 and never accepted responsibility.
- Russia that has now stood up a new entity called USA Really, solely intended to sow more disinformation? This USA Really is associated with Troll Farm in St. Petersburg.
This is just a short synopsis of what Russia is doing and will not admit to responsibility.
Additionally, Russia is rewriting or revising Russian history. The UK and the US are accused of consistently acting hostile to Russia, undermining Russia, sowing revolution, stealing their gold, stealing Alaska, and provoking Russia to defend itself against Western aggression.
The same storyline can be repeated in international courts of law, religious gatherings of adjudication, in the press, using the Shanghai Cooperative Organization (SCO), and in countless other settings. Russia is relentless, always seeking new and different ways to skew public opinion against the West, thus building Russia’s relative strength.
Count on Russia being unreliable and relentless. That is until they get their knuckles rapped by a tough disciplinarian, whoever that may be.