Rand Paul is a Republican Senator, the Junior Senator from Kentucky, and was threatened in the vilest possible manner.
The threats included:
“gut you like a hog” and leave “your kids bowels splayed out across floor blood spattered on the door as you lay dead” as well as threatening to “hack to pieces” the official and his daughters.
This was widely reported by the mainstream media.
- Rand Paul says man threatened to attack him and his family with ax CBS News
- Man allegedly threatens to chop up GOP Sen. Rand Paul’s family with ax KTRK-TV
- Man allegedly threatens to chop up GOP Sen. Rand Paul’s family with an ax ABC News
Then the police tracked down the alleged perpetrator and here is how the mainstream media covered it, as of 2 PM (1400) today.
In other words, there was no mainstream coverage.
Finally, late in the day, as at 1730,
- Man who made death threat against Sen. Rand Paul has been arrested, lawmaker says Washington Post
- Man Arrested for Threatening to Chop Up Rand Paul’s Family with Ax Roll Call
I dropped the name of the alleged perpetrator, “Nathanial Blaine Luffman”, into Google News and found that not one mainstream outlet picked up this story, as of 1400. The only things that looked remotely mainstream was the East Bay Times of San Francisco and Fox News. InfoWars is a conspiracy site.
- Rand Paul says man arrested for threatening to kill him and ‘chop up’ family with an ax Fox New
- Capitol police arrest Berkeley man after threats to member of Congress East Bay Times
- Man Arrested for Threatening to Kill Senator Rand Paul WKU Public Radio
- Man Who Threatened To Murder Rand Paul’s Children Is An Obama-Supporting Berkeley Resident InfoWars.com
Everything else was alt-right or a Neo-nazi site- Storm Front.
It probably has something to do with the fact that the “alleged” perpetrator is from Berkely, the heart of liberalism in the US.
Why the huge delay in reporting for the mainstream media? Why the initial avoidance?