Anonymous expert compilation, analysis, and reporting.
Not a happy day in the media for Russia’s propagandists. The Yulia Skripal Reuters interview, the Dutch JIT public brief fingering the Kursk 53rd AD Bde of the PVO-SV for the destruction of MH17, and POTUS pulling the plug on the Singapore meeting with the DPRK has left little bandwidth. The only Russian story producing any traction has been the sabre-rattling with the Yuriy Dolgorukiy salvo SLBM launch. The media blitz around Pres Macron’s visit has not gained much traction.
JIT video briefs are very good. We can expect the Russians to further restrict social media postings following these disclosures.
The full Reuters interview with Yulia Skripal is available on HD and well worth viewing. How exactly the Russia propaganda machine will try to spin this is a good question – today’s commentary was remarkably flat.
Iran is dictating terms to the Europeans, in a remarkable display of arrogance. Europe could hardly be be said to be united on the Iran matter, so this tactic may not produce the capitulation so desired.
Russia’s Embassy urged London to give direct access to Yulia Skripal after the release of her first interview since the Salisbury attack, since there are doubts that she has been held against her will or forced to make statements.
Skripal earlier made a video address in which she stated her unwillingness to use the help offered by the Russian Embassy to the UK
Yulia Skripal, who was allegedly poisoned with a nerve agent, namely Novichok, in Salisbury, the UK, in early March, has had her first media appearance.
Former Russian intelligence officer Sergei Skripal was discharged from a Salisbury hospital on May 18, however, since then there has been no information on his subsequent fate.
RUSSIA has said the UK could be holding former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, against their will following their poisoning on British soil.
Oligarchs under Western sanctions will “party like a Russian” at Vladimir Putin’s annual business gathering starting Thursday, where they can enjoy a Robbie Williams concert and the company of top European and US officials despite the Western sanctions against them.
The former British ambassador to Russia has said that the government knows they must rebuild positive relations with the Kremlin, after the relationship crumbled over the Skripal poisoning in March.
Russian President Vladimir Putin presides this week over the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, continuing a charm offensive that aims to revive Brand Russia.
Russian military hailed the successful test of four Bulava missiles, launched in a single volley from the submarine Yuri Dolgoruky while submerged in the White Sea.
A Russian nuclear-powered submarine successfully test-fired four intercontinental ballistic missiles on Tuesday, the navy said.
Russia’s navy put on a massive display of nuclear force by launching four Bulava intercontinental ballistic missiles from the Yuri Dolgoruky, one of its first new nuclear-powered submarines since the Cold War. The missiles, which have been tested from submarines before but never in a salvo of four, can each carry six to 10 independently targetable nuclear warheads with an explosive yield of 100 to 150 kilotons. The US has no practical means to defend against these or any other ICBMs.
THE RUSSIAN government has released footage of a competition showing Russia’s military might as participants fight on a simulated battlefield.
The U.S. case against Russia as a sponsor of terrorism has grown substantially over the past decade
On July 17th 2014 a disaster occurred with Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in eastern Ukraine. The plane was en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. On board were 283 passengers and 15 crew members. Among the passengers were 196 Dutch nationals. There are two investigations into the cause of the downing of MH17. A safety investigation and a criminal investigation.
Dr. Dena Grayson on Twitter: “🛑BREAKING🛑 Dutch-led investigation concludes that #Russia🇷🇺shot down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17. “All the vehicles in a convoy carrying the missile were part of the #Russian armed forces.” Russia, of course, DENIES this.🤬 https://t.co/h9sk49hXoE”
Gale Anne Hurd on Twitter: “MH17 downed by Russian military missile system, say investigators https://t.co/pFBfOVBkkg Anyone who thinks Russia meddling in US elections or Brexit is OK, needs to pay attention to this and to the poisoning of dissidents. #NotOK”
Dutch Chief Prosecutor Fred Westerbeke said Russia had not provided information requested by international investigators regarding the downing of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17. Westerbeke told a news conference in The Hague on May 24 that the Dutch-led investigators had concluded that the Buk missile used to shoot down MH17 came from the 53rd Antiaircraft Missile Brigade.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has commented on the investigation into the downing of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014, saying the “home address” of the Buk-murderer was identified. Poroshenko expects that in the near future the Dutch Prosecutor’s Office will be able to file a prosecution against the individuals involved in shooting down the plane.
Investigators formally accused the Russian armed forces of being involved in the attack on the MH17 passenger jet in 2014. The Malaysia Airlines flight crashed in eastern Ukraine, killing 298 people. Official investigators said today that the missile came from a launcher that is part of the Russian military’s 53rd anti-aircraft missile brigade. The statement is the closest yet investigators have come to blaming Russia for the attack.
A missile which brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 in eastern Ukraine nearly four years ago was fired from a launcher belonging to Russia’s 53rd anti-aircraft brigade, investigators said Thursday.
A missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 in eastern Ukraine nearly four years ago was fired from a launcher belonging to Russia’s 53rd anti-aircraft brigade.
A Dutch-led international criminal investigation has concluded that the Buk missile that shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over Ukraine in 2014 came from Russia’s 53rd Antiaircraft Missile Brigade.
All 298 people on board Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 died when it broke up in mid-air over Ukraine in 2014.
The flight was downed over Ukraine by a missile fired by a unit based in Russia, investigators say.
International team say evidence shows missile came from a Russia-based unit
Missile which brought down flight MH17 came from Russian brigade: report
UTRECHT, NETHERLANDS (WASHINGTON POST,REUTERS) – A Dutch-led international team of investigators said Thursday (May 24) that a missile that downed a Malaysian Airlines jetliner over eastern Ukraine in 2014 came from the Russian military, opening the possibility that Dutch prosecutors could sue the Kremlin in connection with the attack that killed all 298 on board. . Read more at straitstimes.com.
Missile "came from 53rd Anti-aircraft Missile Brigade based in Kursk in Russia," investigators say
A missile system from the 53rd anti-aircraft brigade of the Russian Armed Forces was used to shoot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014, prosecutors investigating the disaster said on Thursday.
A Russian army anti-aircraft missile launcher fired the rocket that brought down Malaysian airlines jet MH17 in Ukraine in 2014, investigators have concluded.
International investigators have said detailed analysis of video images showed the missile used to down the Malaysian flight came from a Russian military unit. Russia has always denied involvement in the incident.
The Buk missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 four years ago came from a Russia-based military unit, investigators say
The families of the dead have published an emotional open letter.
International investigators said the Buk missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was from Russian 53rd anti-aircraft missile brigade.
The MH17 passenger jet was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when it was blown out of the sky over Ukraine in 2014.
Wilbert Paulissen of the Dutch National Police said Thursday that the missile was from the Russian military’s 53rd anti-aircraft missile brigade based in the Russian city of Kursk.
AN international team of investigators has determined that the missile which blew Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 out of the sky nearly four years ago came from a Russia-based military unit.
Detailed analysis of video images has established that the Buk missile that brought down MH17 came from a Russia-based military unit
SALISBURY poisoning victim Yulia Skripal says she feels lucky to be alive after the “assassination attempt” in her first media interview since being released from hospital.
The daughter of the Russian double agent who was poisoned with a military-grade nerve agent said her recovery has been slow and painful, and that she hopes to return to Russia someday. Yulia Skripal, whose father Sergei was also poisoned, made the comments in a statement released to the media on May 23.
The victim of a nerve agent attack gave her first videotaped statement, in an attempt to quell swirling speculation, especially from Russia.
Yulia Skripal, who was poisoned with her ex-spy father in a nerve agent attack, said Wednesday that they’re lucky to be alive and recovery has been slow and painful, in her first public statement since the poisoning.
Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, are continuing to recover from a nerve agent attack, and their rehabilitation has been “slow and extremely painful,” the daughter said Wednesday.
The daughter of Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal has released her first public statement since collapsing from nerve agent poisoning. Yulia Skripal described her recovery from the attack “extremely painful.” She also revealed a deep red scar on her neck she hadn’t had before. People think it’s a result of a tracheotomy, a surgical procedure to help patients breathe.
The daughter of the Russian double agent who was poisoned with a military-grade nerve agent says her recovery has been slow and painful, and that she hopes to return to Russia someday.
Yulia Skripal survived an assassination attempt that UK authorities blame on Russia. But the daughter of one of Russia’s most famous spies says she wants to return to her country “in the longer term”, despite the poisoning.
In her first interview with the media, she said her life was “turned upside down” by the poisoning.
Yulia Skripal, who was poisoned with her father in a nerve agent attack, says their recovery has been slow and painful, in her first public statement since the poisoning.
Yulia Skripal has admitted she is “lucky to have survived” the nerve agent attack on her and her father and spoken of her determination “in the longer term” to return to Russia.
She was struck down by a suspected nerve agent in England in March.
Yulia Skripal said her life was “turned upside down.”
The daughter of an ex-Russian spy poisoned in Salisbury tells Reuters she is taking “one day at a time”.
Yulia Skripal, who was poisoned with her ex-spy father in a nerve agent attack, said they’re lucky to be alive and recovery has been slow and painful, in her first public statement since the poisoning. Skripal, 33, and her father Sergei, 66, spent weeks hospitalized after the March 4 attack.
Yulia Skripal, 33, and her father Sergei Skripal spent weeks hospitalized after being exposed to a suspected Russian nerve agent.
Daughter of double agent says she would like to return to Russia ‘in the longer term’
Yulia Skripal said recovery has been “slow and extremely painful.”
Iran’s top leader set out a series of conditions on Wednesday for European powers if they want Tehran to stay in a nuclear deal after the U.S. exit, including steps by European banks to safeguard trade with Tehran and guaranteeing Iranian oil sales.
Iran has laid out its demands for remaining in a nuclear agreement with France, Gemany, and the UK. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Europe must counter US sanctions on Iran and protect Iranian oil sales, actions which would undermine the US. Iran threatened to resume their nuclear activity if the demands are not met. Days earlier US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo vowed “unprecedented pressure” on Iran and laid out its conditions for the deal.
Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei says European powers must make up for the US exit from the agreement.
Iranian officials on Wednesday pushed back on Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s pledge to implement harsh sanctions on Tehran, calling the Trump administration “prisoners of their past.”
The U.S. demand that Iran withdraw all its advisers and allied forces from Syria is not on the agenda and not up for discussion, a top Syrian official has told Russian state news agencies.
Russian President Vladimir Putin and his French counterpart, Emmanuel Macron, are scheduled to meet on May 24 in St. Petersburg to discuss the Iran nuclear deal, as well as the conflicts in Syria a…
Having failed to persuade Trump to stay in the Iran nuclear accord, French President Emmanuel Macron is reaching out to Russia
Leaders from France to Japan open up to the Russian president as the U.S. goes its own way.
French President Emmanuel Macron is meeting his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in Russia Thursday where the Iranian nuclear deal, Russia-European relations, Ukraine and trade are the main topics on the agenda.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Thursday China and Germany are standing by the existing nuclear deal with Iran after the United States left the 2015 accord earlier this month.
There is a difference between confrontation and diplomacy. Secretary Pompeo’s explanation of the new Trump strategy in dealing with Iran contains many accurate indictments of the Iranian regime, but it does far more than call for the usual changes to the JCPOA. It effectively rejects the approach used in the JCPOA of focusing on Iran’s nuclear programs and it demands that Iran halt all of the activities the U.S. finds threatening and do so before the U.S. offers any concession on sanctions or other incentives.
In comments likely to frustrate the White House, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said their countries will stand by the existing nuclear accord with Iran, even as the US has withdrawn and expects its European allies to follow suit.