As I scrolled through TASS this morning, I noticed 5 articles about how angry Russia was with the US about removing the flag from the buildings that used to be their consulates.
“Russia did not give permission”.
So? The US Department of State told Russia that those buildings were not going to be used as consulates again, period.
I guess it’s supposed to be a big thing, or Russia is just flailing about trying to be angry at something, anything.
- Moscow slams ‘disgraceful’ removal of Russian flags from diplomatic properties seized by US (VIDEO) RT
- Russian Foreign Ministry on Flags Removal: US Destroys Relations With Russia Sputnik News
- Russia Protests Flag Removal at Seized San Francisco Consulate The Moscow Times
- USA finally throws its relationship with Russia into a bin Pravda.ru
Amazingly, Sputnik News defended the US Department of State’s actions.
- Diplomat blasts desecration of Russian flag at diplomatic missions in US (Moscow gave no permission to take down the flags, Zakharova noted)
- Lawmaker slams removal of flags from Russian diplomatic missions in US
- Flags removed from Russian consulate in San Francisco by US authorities – State Department
- US State Department confirms Russian flag over trade mission in Washington taken down
- Russian flags removed from Russian trade mission in Washington
Take insult at anything appears to be the new Russian trend.