Almost everybody who attended public schools in the United States learned about William Randolph Hearst and Yellow Journalism.
Yellow Journalism: journalism that is based upon sensationalism and crude exaggeration.“equating murder and dismemberment with smoking pot is the worst yellow journalism”
Lingchi (凌迟; 凌遲; língchí; ling-ch’ih, alternately transliterated ling chi or leng t’che), translated variously as death by a thousand cuts (杀千刀/千刀万剐; 殺千刀/千刀萬剮; shā qiān dāo/qiāndāo wànguǎ), the slow process, the lingering death, or slow slicing, was a form of torture and execution used in China from roughly 900 CE until it was banned in 1905. It was also used in Vietnam. In this form of execution, a knife was used to methodically remove portions of the body over an extended period of time, eventually resulting in death.
Allow me to expand on my new term, Black and Blue Journalism, for a moment. Beating up a victim need not be an individual crime, it need not be attributed to any one individual. Collectively, though, the victim has been pummelled by more reporters, more blogs, more media sites, more newspapers, more people than he or she can possibly count. The invisible “black and blue” marks cannot be seen, but the prey has definitely been beaten to a ‘bloody’ pulp.
Take the current smear campaign against Presidential aide Sebastian Gorka.
- Is Sebastian Gorka’s PhD A Fraud?
- Sebastian Gorka’s Crazy Path From Failure In Hungary To Trump’s White House
- Video Shows Trump Advisor Seb Gorka Backed Racist Militia in Hungary
- The Campaign Against Sebastian Gorka is Really About Jewish Memory and Identity
- I Wore A Tallis To Protest Sebastian Gorka At Georgetown
- Why I Wore A Tallis To Protest Sebastian Gorka At Georgetown
- Here’s video of Sebastian Gorka storming out of a panel after students asked him about his alleged Nazi connections
- Sebastian Gorka walks off stage at Georgetown conference, calls protesters ‘victims of fake news’
- Georgetown Students Explain Why They Protested Sebastian Gorka
- Right Wingers Troll Sebastian Gorka’s Jewish Georgetown Protesters
- Sebastian Gorka Welcome At Pro-Israel Events Despite Ties To Nazi Allies
- Is Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka Getting His Security Clearances?
- The Media’s Campaign Against Sebastian Gorka
- Nazi-linked group: We’re ‘really proud’ Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka wore our medal to…
- Nazi-Allied Group ‘Really Proud’ Of Controversial Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka
- Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka said he supported far-right Hungarian militia
- Sebastian Gorka once publicly supported a violent anti-Semitic militia
- Sebastian Gorka’s Ex-Students Write Open Letter Denouncing Islamophobic Teachings
Taken individually, none of these articles is damning. Collectively, however, they paint a picture which creates an overwhelming context. Misinformation? No. Disinformation? No. Collectively? Probably.
“The Forward”, especially, seems to have a special affinity for smearing Gorka.
Founded in 1897 as a Yiddish-language daily, the Forward soon became a national paper, the most widely read Jewish newspaper anywhere. By the 1920s its circulation outstripped the New York Times. It chronicled the events that affected a population of immigrants eager to earn their place in American life, and published regional editions around the country before any other newspaper.
Read more: http://forward.com/about-us/
Bottom line, we have seen Michael Flynn taken down by the media and he deserved it. We saw Monica Crowley taken down, and she deserved it.
We have seen a firestorm of articles painting a picture of collusion between President Trump and Russia, outright saying there was collusion. An inference transforms into an accusation, which becomes a fact – to those who want to believe. We know, however, that various senior leaders in both the FBI and the Department of Justice and various members of Congress have stated there is no evidence of collusion. But the press continues beating away at their intended victims.
Now we are seeing the same avalanche of reporting against Sebastian Gorka. They are (thud) beating (thud) the heck (thud) out of Sebastian (thud) Gorka (thud) and while none of it (thud) is evidence (thud), collectively it (thud) paints a damning (thud) picture (thud), especially if most of the media mostly takes one perspective (thud).
The mainstream media leans mostly Democratic. Democrats get their news mostly from the mainstream media. 47% of the American people have preconceptions reinforced by the mainstream media, and the Democrats know this. The cries for Sebastian Gorka’s removal increase. Not by the introduction of evidence, but by the continued shoveling of articles which reinforce an incorrect perspective based on questions.
Is he guilty? Ask that often enough and it sounds like “he’s guilty”.
Beat a person up enough and they will be black and blue, from head to toe. That is what the media is doing today, to members of the Trump administration, whether they deserve it or not. There is no government salary worth that amount of suffering.
This is Black and Blue Journalism.