Let’s follow the timeline on this.
- Russia denies Danish military hacking
- Russia Does Not Engage in Hacker Attacks – Kremlin on Danish Allegations
- Denmark accuses ‘aggressive’ Russia of hacking defence ministry emails
- Denmark Says Russia Hacked Defense Ministry Emails
- Minister: Russia hacked Danish defence for two years
- Denmark: Russia has been hacking us for two years
- Denmark accuses Russia of hacking defense
- Russia hacked Danish defense for two years, tapped emails: minister
- Reuters: Russia hacked Danish defence for two years, minister tells newspaper
Reuters broke this story yesterday and, while it took almost 24 hours, Russia is denying the report.
What’s that old expression? You can’t confirm it’s true until the Russians deny it?
10:02pm April 24, 2017
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has dismissed allegations that Russia hacked the Danish military, a day after a Danish newspaper cited Danish government members as making the allegation.
“Russia as a state does not do hacking attacks,” Peskov told reporters on a conference call on Monday.
Answering a different question about the presidential election in France, Peskov also denied allegations that the Russian state had interfered in France’s electoral process, saying allegations it had were “primitive and wrong.”
He said the Kremlin had not taken sides in the French election.