I’ve been looking for a Russian reaction to the statement by US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley.
- UN ambassador Nikki Haley condemns Russian aggression in Ukraine
- UN Ambassador Haley hits Russia hard on Ukraine
- Haley slams Russian actions in Ukraine in first UN Security Council speech
- Haley: Russia Must Withdraw From Crimea
The Russian reaction:
- Russia’s Churkin cites US constitution after ambassador Haley’s rant at UNSC over Ukraine
- Russian official: Was Nikki Haley reading Samantha Power’s speech?
- *Crickets chirping*
Looks like Maria Vladimirovna Zakharova, the Director of the Information and Press Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation was ranting on camera frantically. Blameshifting. Gas lighting.
Moscow Rose? Russia actually looks like they’re back on their heels, in boxing parlance. Did they actually not expect Ambassador Haley to tear into them?
Translation: Zakharova about (Russian) shelling of Donetsk: Kiev and violated the Geneva Convention, and all the norms of morality. Bomb the sleeping city can only vandals
Translation: Foreign Ministry spokesman Zakharov staged hysterics at the briefing – EU accused of provoking attacks in Donbas
Oh, puhlease, Russia. Just tell everybody you’re trying to stage a provocation and get it over with. Just say you’re doing a Gleiwitz and sit down. We saw you do it in South Ossetia, we saw you do it in Crimea, we saw you do it in Donbas. You’re not fooling anybody.