Dr. Igor Panarin’s report for today, 4 October, from the Russian Foreign Ministry:
Syria: Lost LIH terrorist attacks on Russian aircraft from September 30 to October 4, 2015
– 5613 people (killed, wounded, missing and deserters).
– 11 command control centers.
– 7 magazine.
– 5 field of terrorist training camps.
– 4 fuel storage.
– 4 communications center.
– Center for special training militants
– 4 hopper.
– 19 BMP.
– 13 armored personnel carriers.
– 4 mini-factory for the production of weapons for terrorists
– 3avod for the production of bombs and explosives
– Workshop for the production of explosive devices for terrorists
Yesterday’s report, 3 October.
Syria: loss of terrorists ISIS from the attacks of the Russian aviation from 30 September to 3 October 2015
– 3,125 people killed, wounded, missing and deserters).
– 7 command line item of the office.
– 4 WAREHOUSE DBS.
– 3 Ammunition Depot . – 4 hub of communication. – 3 field terrorist training camps. – 4 the bunker. – 19 INFANTRY FIGHTING VEHICLE BMP. – 13 armoured personnel carriers. – 3 Labor for the production of roadside bombs and explosive devices – 4 mini-factory for the production of weapons to terrorists
Subtracting 3,125 from 5,613, the remainder is 2,488 – the number of people killed in one day of Russian airstrikes. Again, like the Russian forces bombing Syria, there is no differentiation between civilians, ISIS, FSA, military and any other collateral damage.
This may be viewed as indiscriminate killing, haphazard targeting and careless accounting.
The death rate is increasing. Yesterday Russian airstrikes killed 1,477 people, today it increased to 2,488.
There is no source, no citation and no verification. Dr. Panarin’s reporting has notoriously been high by a factor of ten.
Dr. Panarin is a high-ranking member of the Russian government and his numbers are the only released casualty count figure for the Russian government.
His report directly contradicts CNN reporting: Russia bombs Syrian targets for 4th day as international concerns grow
It is unclear why Dr. Panarin releases such highly inflated numbers. Russia clearly desires to be perceived as a powerful military force, but they are succeeding to be seen as out of control and ruthlessly murdering innocent civilians.
Compare this with US rates in operations one year ago over a one month period: Syria Airstrikes Kill 553, Including 32 Civilians, During Monthlong Offensive Against ISIS: Monitor. One month versus one day, verified by independent monitors.
Russia continues to feed the perception that they are out of control, murderous.