Congressman John Conyers, Jr. (D-Mich.) and Congressman Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) co-sponsored bad amendments to theDepartment of Defense Appropriations Act of 2015.
…said Rep. John Conyers. “I am grateful that the House of Representatives unanimously passed my amendments last night to ensure that our military does not train members of the repulsive neo-Nazi Azov Battalion…
Congressman, the Azov battalion uses symbology reminiscent of Neo-Nazis, but the Azov Battalion is neither full of Neo-Nazis nor do they engage in Neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic or Racially prejudiced behavior, and I have watched them, consistently, for close to 18 months. If you were to apply the same logic to Russia, much of the Russian Army are Neo-Nazis.
Added Conyers, “Both U.S. and Israeli officials have feared that these weapons could be used by terrorists to bring down commercial jets. As the boundaries are increasingly blurred between insurgents fighting the Syrian government and those fighting the Iraqi government, providing additional arms could further destabilize the Middle East. The same can be said for Ukraine, where an anti-aircraft missile allegedly downed Flight MH17 last summer, killing 298 civilians. The possibility that MANPADS—or any weapon—could fall into the hands of radical groups in Iraq, Syria, or Ukraine, would unquestionably increase the already-devastating human toll in both of these volatile regions.”
Congressman, the system used was a a SA-11 Gadfly (Russian – Buk), which is not is a Man-Portable Air Defense System (MANPAD). Your background facts are wrong, your logic is flawed, your decision is bad.
Amendments by Congressman John Conyers, Jr. (D-Mich.) and Congressman Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) – a direct result of Russian propaganda
- U.S. House Passes 3 Amendments By Rep. Conyers To Defense Spending Bill To Protect Civilians From Dangers Of Arming and Training Foreign Forces http://conyers.house.gov/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=0DC46F90-801E-433D-B565-5E8A67C81A83
But the Congressmen were misinformed and Ukraine is not happy
- The Azov regiment is “outraged” by statements in the USA House of Representatives http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/06/13/the-azov-regiment-is-outraged-by-statements-in-the-usa-house-of-representatives/
And of course the Russian and Russian-Proxy Media loves what Representative Conyers did
- Ukrainian Neo-Nazis Strike Back: Azov Battalion Bashes US Congress http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150613/1023306657.html
- US lawmakers ban aid to Ukraine neo-Nazis http://rt.com/usa/266869-conyers-azov-training-amendment/
- Ukrainian Battalion Azov in the Sights of US Congress http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3888741&Itemid=1
- U.S. Congress Admits Nazi Role in Ukraine http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-congress-admits-nazi-role-in-ukraine/5455422
Ukraine didn’t like being blocked from receiving MANPADs by Representative Conyers
- US congressmen block supply of MANPADS to Ukraine http://uatoday.tv/politics/us-congressmen-block-supply-of-manpads-to-ukraine-call-azov-battalion-neo-nazi-437883.html
Russia will continue to milk the information cow from Representative Conyers
- Russian Foreign Ministry urges U.S. to recognize ‘neo-Nazi roughnecks’ staged 2014 coup in Kiev