Please see below the enrollment / registration process for the upcoming Info Ops for Influence symposium. We have an excellent list of speakers from across NATO, and presentations range from simulating the information environment through measures of effectiveness and predictors of social unrest.
I recommend you register soonest, as it may be a two-step process if you DO NOT currently have a NATO RTO login.
Please note that there will be two ways to participate in the symposium.
1. You can physically attend the symposium in Amersfoort, Netherlands
2. You can log on via the Internet and participate through a webinar platform (Note: For Cdn mil on DWAN, I recommend you access via commercial / open Internet, as the Firewall may block access).
Link is here. You will probably have to cut and paste due to my Gov firewall blocking access: http://www.cso.nato.int/Meetings.aspx?RestrictPanel=6
Agenda / Program will be released directly from NATO RTO. However, you need to enroll or contact Mrs Rina Tahar (see below).
Feel free to forward, as appropriate.
Defence Scientist and Group Leader
DRDC, Toronto Research Centre @ CFB KIngston
From: Tahar, Rina [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, 22, September, 2014 06:42 AM
Subject: SAS-105 Symposium
We are pleased to announce the SAS-105 Symposium on “Information Operations for Influence”, which will take place on 5-7 November 2014 in Amersfoort, Netherlands. Please note that all sessions will be Unclassified-Unlimited open to PfP and MD.
The enrollment for that event has been opened – please register online athttp://www.cso.nato.int/Meetings.aspx?RestrictPanel=6. The approval of your enrollment will automatically generate an email with the General Information Package (GIP) which contains details regarding meeting arrangements, hotel accommodation and local transportation.
Deadline for the enrolment is 30 October 2014.
In order to facilitate the organization of the social events you are requested to return to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org the REGISTRATION FORM at your earliest convenience. You are also encouraged to make your hotel reservations as soon as possible directly with the hotel
We would appreciate your distribution of this document, as quickly as possible, to the greatest number of people.
Many thanks in advance for your attention, and we are looking forward seeing you in Amersfoort.
Mrs. Rina TAHAR
SAS Panel Assistant
Science & Technology Organization
Collaboration Support Office
92201 Neuilly sur Seine – France
Tel: +33 1 55 61 22 77
Fax: +33 1 55 61 96 42
Symposium on “Information Operations for Influence (IOI)” (SAS-105) from Wednesday, November 05, 2014 to Friday, November 07, 2014 in NETHERLANDS
|Please enrol before (preferred)
PFP Nationals/Others :
Monday , October 06, 2014
If you have a username/password, please log on from the main window
If you have lost your username/password, please contact the Collaboration Support Office.
The Information Operations for Influence symposium seeks to achieve the following goals:
• To enhance understanding of the current state of development of Info Ops doctrine in partner nations, and challenges in effective application;
• To help define future research agendas to achieve asymmetric advantage in the IE;
• To develop strategies on how influence capabilities of military and civilian organizations could be better harmonised to achieve desired strategic effects and outcomes;
• To Identify the capabilities required for effective Info Ops across the information (systems), physical, and cognitive dimensions; and,
• To explore the underlying concepts for the future development and evolution of joint Info Ops doctrine.