Do you share my information with other organisations?
We use your information to improve your experience. We sometimes share information with other organisations, for example:
- When you've asked us to or given us permission
- When we use other companies to power our services
- To provide you with content and services through a partner's platform
- To tailor sponsored BBC recommendations on social media sites, like Facebook, Google, Snapchat or Twitter
- If you're outside the UK, our advertising partners may use your information to show you adverts on BBC services and elsewhere online
- If we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm
When we share your data outside the BBC, we will:
- Always share it in a secure way
- Make sure it’s treated consistently with our privacy promise
- Not allow other companies to use it to contact you with their own marketing
Sharing your data within the BBC
We might share your information across different parts of the BBC for research and development, analysis, marketing or TV Licensing purposes.