The family of a man who was shot dead seven months ago in west London have appealed to anyone with information to come forward.Copyright: MET POLICE
Detectives believe Alexander Kareem (pictured above), 20, was killed in a case of mistaken identity on 8 June as he made his way to a shop in Shepherd's Bush.
Officers have reissued CCTV of a white Range Rover Evoque which was later found burnt out three miles away in Acton, Ealing, 25 minutes after the first call to police.
In a statement, Mr Kareem's family said the grief they have suffered is "immeasurable".
"Alexander was a caring and loving boy who had his life tragically cut short by being in the wrong place, at the wrong time.
"The perpetrators are using the silence of the public as protection against the consequences of their hideous and unspeakable crime.
"Please, protect them no longer," they added.
Independent charity Crimestoppers is offering a ?10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the person or people responsible for Mr Kareem's murder.
The Mayor of Hackney has condemned a "shocking" illegal rave where 300 people attended and police issued more than ?15,000 in fines.Copyright: MET POLICE
Officers raided an unlicensed music event in Nursery Road, Hackney, at 01.30 GMT on Sunday.
Many people fled the scene, while organisers padlocked the doors from the inside to stop officers getting in, police said.
No arrests were reported, but 78 fines of up to ?200 for breaching lockdown restrictions were issued.
Hackney Mayor Philip Glanville said the "flagrant breaching of lockdown rules" was done by a "selfish minority of people".
He said: "Just last Saturday, we undertook a day of action with our enforcement team and the police to engage and inform on the rules.
"However, it’s clear some people are simply unwilling to engage and we’ll be working with the police to see how we can support the prevention of such events in future," Mr Glanville added.
- Copyright: Met Police
The family of a 20-year-old man who was shot dead in Shepherd's Bush seven months ago have said not knowing who killed him is "unbearable".
Alexander Kareem was shot as he walked along Askew Road on 8 June last year on the way to a friend's house. Police believe his death was a case of mistaken identity.
In a statement, his family said: "The grief we continue to feel for the loss of our Alexander is immeasurable. Our hearts have been broken. Every day that goes by that we do not know who did this to him is unbearable."
They added that the 20-year-old was a "caring and loving boy who had his life tragically cut short by being in the wrong place, at the wrong time" and called on anybody who has information about his death to contact police.
Nine men and women have previously been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder in connection with the case have all been released under investigation.Copyright: Met Police
Det Ch Insp Wayne Jolley said the investigation into Mr Kareem's death "continues at great pace" and police were "determined to find those responsible for this terrible crime".
The Met has re-released CCTV of a white Range Rover which was found burned out on Ascott Avenue 25 minutes after the police were first called.
"We still believe the answers to a lot of the questions are linked to the white Range Rover in the CCTV we're reissuing today," Det Ch Insp Jolley said.
Charity Crimestoppers is offering a ?10,000 reward for help to find Mr Kareem's killer.
By Alistair Magowan & Simon Stone
A man has died and another man has been taken to hospital following a flat fire in Leystonstone in the early hours of this morning.Copyright: Google
Four fire engines and about 25 crew members were called to Cheneys Road (pictured) at about 00:25.
The blaze happened in the first floor flat of a terraced house, where firefighters found a man who was pronounced dead at the scene, the London Fire Brigade (LFB) said.
Another man was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation.
A joint investigation has been launched by the LFB and Metropolitan Police.
CCTV images have been released by detectives after a group of men carried out an "unprovoked attack" on a couple, where a man suffered fractures to his head.Copyright: MET POLICE
A man aged in his 30s and his girlfriend were walking to a bus stop at North End in Croydon, when a group of four men approached them at about 22:15 on 31 October.
Police said the group began to verbally abuse the couple, and then launched an attack on the man.
The victim's girlfriend attempted to intervene, but was grabbed by her hair and thrown to the floor.
A suspect from the group then threw the male victim onto the ground, where he lost consciousness and suffered head injuries.
He was taken to hospital and later discharged.
If you have any details about the incident or about the men in the CCTV images, police officers urge you to get in touch.
While doctors and nurses are dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, a whole team of hospital staff are needed to help patients.
Police broke up a wedding party in north London where they said about 400 people had gathered.
By Sarah Corker & Phil Hendry
A person who set up a nail salon in an outbuilding in their garden and a group who met together to watch TV are among the latest people to be fined by the Met Police for breaching Covid rules.
The nail salon was discovered in Croydon on Monday after police received calls from members of the public who reported they believed a business was being run from the garden.
Two women who were having their nails done when officers arrived were put forward for consideration of a ?200 fine while the salon's owner was handed a ?1,000 fine.
On Sunday seven people from different households were found watching TV and eating together after police were called to a property in Romford. They were all issued fines.
Commander Dar Stringer said: "We are fully committed to getting the spread of the virus across the capital under control – this means addressing a vast array of violations of the rules."
- Copyright: Met Police
Two 16-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a "kind" and "humble" teenager was stabbed to death in north London.
Anas Mezenner was discovered fatally wounded in West Green Road near Turnpike Lane at about 21:10 on Tuesday. He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead the following morning.
Speaking about the 17-year-old's death, Anas' family said he "was never, never about this knife crime stupidity, he always kept himself humble, he was always kind and always put others first”.
The Met said the two arrested teenagers had both been taken to a north London police station where they remain in custody.
"My deepest sympathy is with Anas’ family. This is a tragic loss of a young man who was known to be kind and thoughtful, who was enrolled in a local college with a bright future," Det Ch Insp Jane Topping said.