The BBC’s Editorial Values and Standards
- Browse the GuidelinesThe Editorial Guidelines are the BBC's editorial values and standards. They apply to all our content, wherever and however it is received.
- Browse the GuidanceGuidance notes supplement the Editorial Guidelines, with further explanation of their themes and practical tips.
- Draft Election Guidelines 2021 Elections are due to take place on May 6th 2021 for the Scottish and Welsh Parliaments, for the Greater London Authority (including London Mayor), local elections elsewhere in England and for Police and Crime Commissioners in England and Wales. The start of the Election Periods will begin from MONDAY 22nd MARCH. The draft Election Guidelines are published here; any comments should be sent to email@example.com by February 8th, prior to publication of the approved Election Guidelines.
- New Guidance: Social MediaNew guidance on social media covering professional and personal use.
- New Guidance: Impartiality New guidance on impartiality covering campaigns, support for protests, democratic values, the role of lived experience, and public expression of opinion.
- New Guidance: Racist LanguageNew guidance on the use of racist language, including new mandatory referrals.